Category Marketing Manager
This position requires designing and executing marketing strategies and plans to drive sustainable & profitable growth.
Acting as the category (product) leader in reaching business objectives through the right opportunity mapping, innovation strategy and promotion strategy to increase consumer pull.
✓ Category and Brand Vision & Strategy Development
- Leads development of category insights to identify priority growth opportunities for CCI and inform portfolio deployment against those opportunities across the business; overlays competitive insights to refine understanding of opportunity and ability to win competitively;
- Build 3-year vision and growth opportunities (volume and profit) by brand
- Works closely with Channel Marketing Manager to develop aligned portfolio growth strategy and resource prioritization for DME and Brand activation calendar;
- Informs RGM and Financial Planning about category planning and target setting for brands;
- Works with Knowledge & Insights to monitor effectiveness of Category Plans;
- Prioritize category opportunities based on value opportunity and ability to win, aligning channel leads, TCCC marketing and franchise teams and CCI sales team;
- Define metrics for winning consistent with portfolio - defining penetration, frequency, transaction, volume and share growth targets;
- Evaluate and recommend common practices, processes, programs, strategies, measures etc. to be used both across the business and in a vertically aligned manner;
- Promote standard evaluation tools for assessment of business strategies and programs and recommend actions to optimize value creation potential in context of brand strategies;
- Steward process that leads to approval of category & brand strategy changes on behalf of key decision-makers; specifically, engagement of TCCC Marketing feeding into Channel Planning and Long-Range Plan process;
✓ Marketing Programs Planning, Development & Coordination
- Ensures optimal planning of brand specific initiatives (OBPPC, new flavor innovations and new pack launches) with Supply Chain & TCCC Brand Teams;
- Works closely with TCCC Brand teams to ensure optimal investment behind brands are planned and ensured;
- Leads development of innovation strategy and road map;
- Leads consumer promotion strategies with dedicated consumer / shopper / channel research, promo evaluation tools and metrics in coordination with TCCC;
- Ensures flawless execution of national consumer promotions.
✓ Business Monitoring
- Monitors market growth, category trends, competitive environment;
- Identifies problems and opportunities (w/in volume, share, brand & region);
- Cooperatively works with sales; tracks channel & regional performance;
- Monitors performance vs business targets;
- Presents business results.
✓People Leadership (not relevant for PM)
- Leads the category team of PMs and APMs, coaches and supports their personal and professional career development.
Requires multifunctional collaboration skills to work closely with Channel Marketing Manager & Team, The Coca-Cola Company Marketing team, Supply Chain and Finance teams.
- Strategic skills;
- Communication and planning skills;