Pre-sale Engineer IP Datacom
Carrier Fixed Network Pre Sales Position:
Pre Sales Engineers at Huawei are technical leads and trusted advisors to our customers and partners that advice and support Sales teams with pre-sales and deep technical knowledge. You will partner with other members of different organizations and Carrier Sales teams
You'll get to work across the Fixed Carrier Networking portfolio of a variety of Huawei technology solutions, showcasing product solutions, setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits. You will work closely with Account sales team and systems engineers.
- Develop technical Carrier Networking practices of our customers: plan and deliver technical activities, Networking practice and provide high-level and detailed technical and sales support for selected account
- Understand business requirements for customers and be able to translate them into technical requirements. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities
- Understand and articulate Huawei Carrier Fixed Networking solutions, focusing on: IP Router and Switch, WDM Transmission, xDSL, GPON Access product line.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services
- Facilitate better communications and understanding of market requirements
- Participate on enablement activities targeting our customer and end-user communities
- Work on the lab, PoC and demos.
- Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers
- You bring several years' pre-sales engineering or technical customer facing experience and knowledge of sales cycles with a deep understanding of the market space and offerings.
- You have an Engineering Degree.
- You are able to understand complex technical and selling situations and to tackle the problem or solicit the required resource.
- Proven technical knowledge and consultative skills on Networking related technologies.
- Working knowledge of:
Routing and Switching (CCNA or HCIA Certification, must have)
Routing and Switching (CCNP or HCIP Certification, Preferable)
Transmission WDM Technology (Preferable)
xDSL, GPON Access Technology (Preferable)
- Ability to build use case labs, develop content, train and coach others.
- Knowledge on topics like GSM, 3G, LTE
- Great relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience. Ability to work effectively by adding value as a team member and assuming a leadership role for the team.
- Ability to bring people from different departments to the table, to create a safe environment for people, making sure their opinions are heard and addressed. Focus on the team's success rather than individual wins.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to train and disseminate information.
- Ability to work independently and remotely to accomplish objectives.
- Fluent proficiency in written and spoken English.